Saturday 14 April 2007

Culinary Fools

Before I left the comforts of home to study overseas, mom always bugged me to learn the art of cooking. For me, improving my culinary skills was the last thing on my mind at that time. The theory of cooking and the fundamentals of food preparation didn't interest me at all other than to my stomach. Everytime she called out to me to watch her prepare a masterpiece, I would just ignored her and pretended to do doing something else. Sigh...if only I had listened to her. After all, moms are always right. When I first arrived here, my housemates and I didn't have any proper meals other than instant mee and bread. We continued eating maggie and bread for a few weeks before we decided to start cooking together. Our first cooking session together didn't turn out to be a disaster. The dishes we prepared weren't that bad and some of them tasted quite good if I were to say so myself. Ah Ma and XV were pretty good compared to boss and I.

Herbal chicken baked in oven prepared by unknown. Instant spices were used to marinate the chicken. The aroma was very appetizing due to the herbal spices...

Seaweed soup and some veg..didn't look appealing but they were good too...


Ah Ma's potato chicken...didn't know Ah Ma could cook such delicious dish. She prepared this dish according to her mom's secret recipe. Nice!!!

Our cooking skills had improved vastly since last year. Although we weren't chefs in the making, it proves to show that practice does make perfect.

No comments: